New bar to open at Portishead marina next week
- Credit: Archant
A new bar will open at Portishead Quays Marina next week.
The Siren’s Calling will be the latest food and drink premises to open around the marina and its owner believes it can offer something new to the town.
It is based on the ground floor of the Sixty 8 building, close to Newfoundland Way,
Andy Holian, the owner of The Siren’s Calling, said: “This is a very exciting time for me and my team to promote this intimate beer and wine bar in the wonderful setting by the water.
“We are looking forward to welcoming our customers, and showcasing some of the best independent products on the market.
You may also want to watch:
“Working closely with local breweries, wine merchants and farm shops, The Siren’s Calling will truly be a local bar for the local community.”
Fitting out of the interior is now well underway and the premises will include outdoor seating to make the most of the attractive views of the marina.
- 1 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 2 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 3 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 7 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
The bar plans to open to customers on May 26.
Rebecca Harries, of Alder King, which acted for the landlord in the transaction, said: “This waterside unit is superbly located in an attractive residential and leisure area with a high level of passing footfall which will be very good for trade.
“We now have only one retail/restaurant unit remaining in this scheme which occupies a prominent corner spot totalling 4,578sq ft. The available space can be sub-divided to provide smaller units.”