The Rising Sun reopens
THE new landlords of a Backwell pub are hoping to attract food lovers and sports fans through the doors.
Jayne Nash, her partner Pam Whitmarsh, and Jayne’s cousin Wendy Hulbert have taken over The Rising Sun in West Town Road and are looking forward to welcoming villagers and visitors to the new-look watering hole.
The pub has had a �130,000 refurbishment and now has new floors, seating and a new bar.
Pam said: “Everything has been ripped out and redone. It’s like walking into a brand new pub. We want it to become known as a food and sports pub now and we will be looking for skittles, pool and darts teams. We also have a projector for football matches.
“Backwell is a lovely area and we’re looking forward to getting to know the locals and sourcing local produce.”
You may also want to watch:
Jayne, aged 47, and Pam, aged 38, have had 20 years of experience running pubs and hotels and moved to Backwell from The Portland Arms in Dorset. Wendy, aged 48, is from Worcester and is new to the pub trade. They are pictured with Paul Hulbert.
The pub was officially reopened on November 9 after being shut for six weeks while the building was refurbished.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging