The Nursery set for Monday opening
- Credit: Archant
A NEW nursery will open its doors to children in Portishead on Monday.
An open day was held at The Nursery on Saturday when youngsters could meet Peppa Pig, have their faces painted and also enjoy some magic balloons.
Based in Combe Road, it has been set up by Jackie Hardie, who is a qualified Ofsted inspector and reception teacher with more than 20 years of experience in early years education.
For the past 12 years she has been running Stepping Stones Training, supporting nurseries across the country. She has also worked with international schools in South East Asia, helping them to implement the British early years curriculum scheme.
She said: “I have put all of my knowledge and best practice expertise into creating a nursery that offers excellent services and addresses the needs of children at every stage of their developmental progress.”
You may also want to watch:
For children aged from six weeks up to five years, the nursery has a wealth of equipment to encourage children’s physical and mental development both inside and in its outdoor play space.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United