The Nursery set for Monday opening
- Credit: Archant
A NEW nursery will open its doors to children in Portishead on Monday.
An open day was held at The Nursery on Saturday when youngsters could meet Peppa Pig, have their faces painted and also enjoy some magic balloons.
Based in Combe Road, it has been set up by Jackie Hardie, who is a qualified Ofsted inspector and reception teacher with more than 20 years of experience in early years education.
For the past 12 years she has been running Stepping Stones Training, supporting nurseries across the country. She has also worked with international schools in South East Asia, helping them to implement the British early years curriculum scheme.
She said: “I have put all of my knowledge and best practice expertise into creating a nursery that offers excellent services and addresses the needs of children at every stage of their developmental progress.”
You may also want to watch:
For children aged from six weeks up to five years, the nursery has a wealth of equipment to encourage children’s physical and mental development both inside and in its outdoor play space.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children