The George joins UK Beer Academy
A BACKWELL pub has become the first in Somerset to join the UK Beer Academy.
The George at Backwell opened under new ownership at the beginning of June and has since had its work to promote the best beer recognised.
The beer academy is dedicated to helping people understand, appreciate and enjoy beer sensibly. It provides courses, talks and beer-tasting sessions all across the UK.
Alastair Scott, one of the owners of The George, said: “ The academy has had great success in providing training for the beer industry and now wants to spread its experience and knowledge further.”
From September, The George in Farleigh Road will host two courses - a half-day on how to judge the taste and quality of beer and a one-day foundation course providing an introduction to the world of brewing, tasting and marketing beer.
You may also want to watch:
For more details visite www.beeracademy.co.uk or call 0207 290 68087.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun