The George joins UK Beer Academy
A BACKWELL pub has become the first in Somerset to join the UK Beer Academy.
The George at Backwell opened under new ownership at the beginning of June and has since had its work to promote the best beer recognised.
The beer academy is dedicated to helping people understand, appreciate and enjoy beer sensibly. It provides courses, talks and beer-tasting sessions all across the UK.
Alastair Scott, one of the owners of The George, said: “ The academy has had great success in providing training for the beer industry and now wants to spread its experience and knowledge further.”
From September, The George in Farleigh Road will host two courses - a half-day on how to judge the taste and quality of beer and a one-day foundation course providing an introduction to the world of brewing, tasting and marketing beer.
You may also want to watch:
For more details visite www.beeracademy.co.uk or call 0207 290 68087.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 8 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 9 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity