The George joins UK Beer Academy
A BACKWELL pub has become the first in Somerset to join the UK Beer Academy.
The George at Backwell opened under new ownership at the beginning of June and has since had its work to promote the best beer recognised.
The beer academy is dedicated to helping people understand, appreciate and enjoy beer sensibly. It provides courses, talks and beer-tasting sessions all across the UK.
Alastair Scott, one of the owners of The George, said: “ The academy has had great success in providing training for the beer industry and now wants to spread its experience and knowledge further.”
From September, The George in Farleigh Road will host two courses - a half-day on how to judge the taste and quality of beer and a one-day foundation course providing an introduction to the world of brewing, tasting and marketing beer.
You may also want to watch:
For more details visite www.beeracademy.co.uk or call 0207 290 68087.
- 1 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans