The Blue Room reopens
- Credit: Archant
THE Blue Room in Nailsea has opened its doors again under a new owner who hopes to expand the gallery’s projects.
Sharon Brown, from Nailsea, has taken over the venue which has become home to numerous artists and craftsmen and women from North Somerset.
The thriving gallery in Crown Glass Shopping Centre was set up by Sheila Clifton and her daughters Amy Trevaskus and Nicola Clifton in 2010.
Sharon now hopes to build on their success and encourage exhibitions from school students and run more workshops.
She said: “I want The Blue Room to act as a pillar of the creative community and a boost for the local economy.
You may also want to watch:
“I am planning to reintroduce and extend the range of workshops for local people to explore art in various mediums.
“These workshops will collaborate with local businesses, for instance working with local cafés utilising their resources for refreshments. I also hope to work with local schools and colleges to offer both an exhibition venue for students and work placement opportunities.” Sharon will be using a grant from the North Somerset High Street Innovation Fund to pay towards marketing costs to raise the profile of the gallery.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones