Tesco donates to town groups
A CLEVEDON supermarket handed out �1,000 in donations to groups in the town.
As part of the re-launch of the revamped Tesco store, four lucky organisations were chosen to each receive a �250 gift.
These were the 1st Clevedon Scout Group, The Barn youth centre, Clevedon Community Centre and Clevedon Rugby Club.
Representatives for each of these went along to the Kenn Road store to receive the donations and to help cut the ribbon to declare the store open again.
Store manager James Fawbert said: “We are delighted to donate to these local organisations. They do such important work for people in the Clevedon community.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the revamp of the Tesco store, improvements have been made to the petrol station, car park and the various departments inside. During the work, the painters brought into redecorate the store also donated some of their time to help paint the ceiling of one of the rooms at Clevedon Community Centre.
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 5 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 9 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary