Tesco donates to town groups
A CLEVEDON supermarket handed out �1,000 in donations to groups in the town.
As part of the re-launch of the revamped Tesco store, four lucky organisations were chosen to each receive a �250 gift.
These were the 1st Clevedon Scout Group, The Barn youth centre, Clevedon Community Centre and Clevedon Rugby Club.
Representatives for each of these went along to the Kenn Road store to receive the donations and to help cut the ribbon to declare the store open again.
Store manager James Fawbert said: “We are delighted to donate to these local organisations. They do such important work for people in the Clevedon community.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the revamp of the Tesco store, improvements have been made to the petrol station, car park and the various departments inside. During the work, the painters brought into redecorate the store also donated some of their time to help paint the ceiling of one of the rooms at Clevedon Community Centre.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 9 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends