Tesco donates to town groups
A CLEVEDON supermarket handed out �1,000 in donations to groups in the town.
As part of the re-launch of the revamped Tesco store, four lucky organisations were chosen to each receive a �250 gift.
These were the 1st Clevedon Scout Group, The Barn youth centre, Clevedon Community Centre and Clevedon Rugby Club.
Representatives for each of these went along to the Kenn Road store to receive the donations and to help cut the ribbon to declare the store open again.
Store manager James Fawbert said: “We are delighted to donate to these local organisations. They do such important work for people in the Clevedon community.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the revamp of the Tesco store, improvements have been made to the petrol station, car park and the various departments inside. During the work, the painters brought into redecorate the store also donated some of their time to help paint the ceiling of one of the rooms at Clevedon Community Centre.
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups