Tesco creates jobs
- Credit: Archant
A TESCO Express store, due to open in Portishead in the near future, has created 25 new jobs.
Tesco has recruited the staff from the local area.
Store manager, Ben Cason, said: “I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive, am pleased with my new team and am very much looking forward to working with them.”
More than 2,700 people signed a petition against the new Tesco ,which has yet to announce an opening date. It has however, confirmed that when it opens, the store will be in operation seven days a week from 6am until 11pm.
On Monday, a North Somerset Council licensing sub-committee granted the store a licence to sell alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco has also obtained planning permission to make alterations to the front of the building and install new signage. It has been refused permission to install an ATM on the front of the building and is still progressing applications on car parking facilities and the installation of plant equipment.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 8 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 9 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown