Tesco creates jobs
- Credit: Archant
A TESCO Express store, due to open in Portishead in the near future, has created 25 new jobs.
Tesco has recruited the staff from the local area.
Store manager, Ben Cason, said: “I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive, am pleased with my new team and am very much looking forward to working with them.”
More than 2,700 people signed a petition against the new Tesco ,which has yet to announce an opening date. It has however, confirmed that when it opens, the store will be in operation seven days a week from 6am until 11pm.
On Monday, a North Somerset Council licensing sub-committee granted the store a licence to sell alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco has also obtained planning permission to make alterations to the front of the building and install new signage. It has been refused permission to install an ATM on the front of the building and is still progressing applications on car parking facilities and the installation of plant equipment.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Group protests against new police and crime bill