Tesco creates jobs
- Credit: Archant
A TESCO Express store, due to open in Portishead in the near future, has created 25 new jobs.
Tesco has recruited the staff from the local area.
Store manager, Ben Cason, said: “I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive, am pleased with my new team and am very much looking forward to working with them.”
More than 2,700 people signed a petition against the new Tesco ,which has yet to announce an opening date. It has however, confirmed that when it opens, the store will be in operation seven days a week from 6am until 11pm.
On Monday, a North Somerset Council licensing sub-committee granted the store a licence to sell alcohol.
Tesco has also obtained planning permission to make alterations to the front of the building and install new signage. It has been refused permission to install an ATM on the front of the building and is still progressing applications on car parking facilities and the installation of plant equipment.
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 8 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Protest to take place against 'dangerous' policing bill