Tesco creates jobs
- Credit: Archant
A TESCO Express store, due to open in Portishead in the near future, has created 25 new jobs.
Tesco has recruited the staff from the local area.
Store manager, Ben Cason, said: “I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive, am pleased with my new team and am very much looking forward to working with them.”
More than 2,700 people signed a petition against the new Tesco ,which has yet to announce an opening date. It has however, confirmed that when it opens, the store will be in operation seven days a week from 6am until 11pm.
On Monday, a North Somerset Council licensing sub-committee granted the store a licence to sell alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco has also obtained planning permission to make alterations to the front of the building and install new signage. It has been refused permission to install an ATM on the front of the building and is still progressing applications on car parking facilities and the installation of plant equipment.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 5 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 6 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 7 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts