Portishead Youth Centre receives early Christmas gift from Taylor Wimpey
- Credit: ANDREW CARPENTER
A housing developer has made a donation to Portishead Youth Centre as part of its festive campaign.
Taylor Wimpey has handed volunteers a cheque for £100 to pay for activities and equipment.
A spokesman for the youth centre thanked Taylor Wimpey for its donation.
They said: “We’re thrilled to be gifted this surprise cash boost from Taylor Wimpey.
“It’s lovely to see such a large and well-known company give back to causes such as ours – this money will make a difference by enabling us to develop our evening youth club activities.”
You may also want to watch:
The grant comes as part of the firm’s 12 Days of Taylor Wimpey Christmas Advent campaign.
Taylor Wimpey is building about 170 homes at Harbour Edge, just a few hundred yards from the youth centre.
Charlie Joseph, sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey Bristol, said: “It’s always nice to give back to those causes close to the hearts of the communities in which we build – none more so than at Christmas time.
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 5 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
“This year we wanted to do something extra special and make a real difference to the schools, clubs and organisations that go above and beyond to deliver stellar services across the region.
“We hope to make this an annual occasion and look forward to gifting more organisations in 2018.”