Portishead Youth Centre receives early Christmas gift from Taylor Wimpey
- Credit: ANDREW CARPENTER
A housing developer has made a donation to Portishead Youth Centre as part of its festive campaign.
Taylor Wimpey has handed volunteers a cheque for £100 to pay for activities and equipment.
A spokesman for the youth centre thanked Taylor Wimpey for its donation.
They said: “We’re thrilled to be gifted this surprise cash boost from Taylor Wimpey.
“It’s lovely to see such a large and well-known company give back to causes such as ours – this money will make a difference by enabling us to develop our evening youth club activities.”
You may also want to watch:
The grant comes as part of the firm’s 12 Days of Taylor Wimpey Christmas Advent campaign.
Taylor Wimpey is building about 170 homes at Harbour Edge, just a few hundred yards from the youth centre.
Charlie Joseph, sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey Bristol, said: “It’s always nice to give back to those causes close to the hearts of the communities in which we build – none more so than at Christmas time.
- 1 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 2 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 3 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 7 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Food festival returning to town this weekend
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
“This year we wanted to do something extra special and make a real difference to the schools, clubs and organisations that go above and beyond to deliver stellar services across the region.
“We hope to make this an annual occasion and look forward to gifting more organisations in 2018.”