Portishead Youth Centre receives early Christmas gift from Taylor Wimpey
- Credit: ANDREW CARPENTER
A housing developer has made a donation to Portishead Youth Centre as part of its festive campaign.
Taylor Wimpey has handed volunteers a cheque for £100 to pay for activities and equipment.
A spokesman for the youth centre thanked Taylor Wimpey for its donation.
They said: “We’re thrilled to be gifted this surprise cash boost from Taylor Wimpey.
“It’s lovely to see such a large and well-known company give back to causes such as ours – this money will make a difference by enabling us to develop our evening youth club activities.”
You may also want to watch:
The grant comes as part of the firm’s 12 Days of Taylor Wimpey Christmas Advent campaign.
Taylor Wimpey is building about 170 homes at Harbour Edge, just a few hundred yards from the youth centre.
Charlie Joseph, sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey Bristol, said: “It’s always nice to give back to those causes close to the hearts of the communities in which we build – none more so than at Christmas time.
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 5 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 6 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 10 Portishead building firm wins national award
“This year we wanted to do something extra special and make a real difference to the schools, clubs and organisations that go above and beyond to deliver stellar services across the region.
“We hope to make this an annual occasion and look forward to gifting more organisations in 2018.”