Supermarket seeking charity partner for a year
- Credit: Getty Images
A food store is searching for a charity to support.
Sainsbury’s nationally runs a local charity of the year scheme, and the Portishead supermarket wants to find a North Somerset cause to back.
Over the next few weeks shoppers can nominate deserving charities.
And then they will be able to vote a winner from June 13-26.
Paul Morrison, store manager, said: “There are so many fantastic charities in the area which do brilliant work in our community.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d love to hear from charities we haven’t supported before.”
Nominations can be given at the customer service desk or in writing to Sainsbury’s, Serbert Way, Portishead, BS20 7GA.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 5 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 6 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime