Supermarket seeking charity partner for a year
- Credit: Getty Images
A food store is searching for a charity to support.
Sainsbury’s nationally runs a local charity of the year scheme, and the Portishead supermarket wants to find a North Somerset cause to back.
Over the next few weeks shoppers can nominate deserving charities.
And then they will be able to vote a winner from June 13-26.
Paul Morrison, store manager, said: “There are so many fantastic charities in the area which do brilliant work in our community.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d love to hear from charities we haven’t supported before.”
Nominations can be given at the customer service desk or in writing to Sainsbury’s, Serbert Way, Portishead, BS20 7GA.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches