Stylists star at prestigious event
STYLISTS at a Nailsea hair salon showed off their greatest creations as part of a national show.
Hairdressers at SP Hair Company in High Street were asked to represent the South West at a prestigious industry event, held at the Gatecrasher nightclub in Birmingham to celebrate the 20th anniversary of hair product company, L’Anza.
Stylists Cathy Millar, aged 25, and 27-year-old Katherine Starr, created four glam rock styles on dancers from The Number One Dance Factory in Nailsea before presenting them on stage to a crowd of 700 other industry experts and hairdressers from across the country.
The dancers, who also performed a routine to the crowd, were also given glamorous make-up by 23-year-old stylist Alice Yarr.
SP Hair Company, which is owned by Sue Pickles, was one of six salons asked to take part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
Cathy said: “Being on stage felt absolutely fantastic. It was an amazing buzz and now I want to do more.”
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3