Stylists star at prestigious event
STYLISTS at a Nailsea hair salon showed off their greatest creations as part of a national show.
Hairdressers at SP Hair Company in High Street were asked to represent the South West at a prestigious industry event, held at the Gatecrasher nightclub in Birmingham to celebrate the 20th anniversary of hair product company, L’Anza.
Stylists Cathy Millar, aged 25, and 27-year-old Katherine Starr, created four glam rock styles on dancers from The Number One Dance Factory in Nailsea before presenting them on stage to a crowd of 700 other industry experts and hairdressers from across the country.
The dancers, who also performed a routine to the crowd, were also given glamorous make-up by 23-year-old stylist Alice Yarr.
SP Hair Company, which is owned by Sue Pickles, was one of six salons asked to take part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
Cathy said: “Being on stage felt absolutely fantastic. It was an amazing buzz and now I want to do more.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens