Stylists star at prestigious event
STYLISTS at a Nailsea hair salon showed off their greatest creations as part of a national show.
Hairdressers at SP Hair Company in High Street were asked to represent the South West at a prestigious industry event, held at the Gatecrasher nightclub in Birmingham to celebrate the 20th anniversary of hair product company, L’Anza.
Stylists Cathy Millar, aged 25, and 27-year-old Katherine Starr, created four glam rock styles on dancers from The Number One Dance Factory in Nailsea before presenting them on stage to a crowd of 700 other industry experts and hairdressers from across the country.
The dancers, who also performed a routine to the crowd, were also given glamorous make-up by 23-year-old stylist Alice Yarr.
SP Hair Company, which is owned by Sue Pickles, was one of six salons asked to take part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
Cathy said: “Being on stage felt absolutely fantastic. It was an amazing buzz and now I want to do more.”
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 8 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village