Store marks 50th year
- Credit: Archant
A QUALITY furniture company in Nailsea is celebrating its 50th birthday this year.
Orchards The Furniture People, in Somerset Square, is an independent family-run business which prides itself on its excellent customer service.
Orchards was originally established in Portishead High Street in 1965 by John Orchard.
In 1985 the business opened a new store in Nailsea town centre and the shop is now thriving under John’s son Robin, with the support of his widely experienced staff.
Robin said: “We have fantastic customer support from local residents as well as those from further afield. We are often delivering all over the country and have also sent items overseas.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice to know our selection of furniture has such a wide appeal to so many and we have items to suit all styles, ages and budgets.
“We have a great website which covers a good range enabling us to virtually extend our show room, however, we concentrate on the personal touch as this is so important when choosing furniture. You really do need to try, see and explore the choices.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
“A lot of people compliment the quality of our furniture and the variety of items we sell.”
Orchards has seven staff and the store specialises in mid to high-end furniture for the dining room, living room and bedroom and also offers bespoke models.
Most of the furniture is made in the UK or within the EU and staff ensure there is an extensive stock to enable quick deliveries.
Orchards also offers free local delivery and installation for customers.
The business will be celebrating its milestone birthday by running a number of promotions throughout the year.