Business donates thousands to hospice after two years of fundraising
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a Yatton business have raised thousands of pounds for a children’s hospice – helping to pay for 24-hour doctor cover at the charity.
Over the past two years, colleagues from the Costain office in Yatton have been supporting Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW).
Members of the team took on the Three Peaks Challenge in South Wales, a 5km bubble run and run office tuck shops and raffles.
Staff have also given up their time to volunteer at the charity’s shops in Bristol and Glastonbury.
Their efforts have raised more than £7,400 to help children with life-limiting conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda Gallagher, corporate fundraiser at CHSW, said: “We’d like to say a huge thanks to all of them for their dedication and support.
“The money raised could help to pay for 24-hour doctor cover for several months at our local hospice, Charlton Farm in Wraxall.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder