Business donates thousands to hospice after two years of fundraising
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a Yatton business have raised thousands of pounds for a children’s hospice – helping to pay for 24-hour doctor cover at the charity.
Over the past two years, colleagues from the Costain office in Yatton have been supporting Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW).
Members of the team took on the Three Peaks Challenge in South Wales, a 5km bubble run and run office tuck shops and raffles.
Staff have also given up their time to volunteer at the charity’s shops in Bristol and Glastonbury.
Their efforts have raised more than £7,400 to help children with life-limiting conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda Gallagher, corporate fundraiser at CHSW, said: “We’d like to say a huge thanks to all of them for their dedication and support.
“The money raised could help to pay for 24-hour doctor cover for several months at our local hospice, Charlton Farm in Wraxall.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name