Specsavers seeks Nailsea apprentice
- Credit: Archant
An optician in Nailsea is looking for apprentices who are keen to learn the profession.
Specsavers, in Somerset Square, would like a new recruit to join its one-year optical apprenticeship scheme.
The post is open to people over the age of 16 and no previous optical experience is needed.
Those who complete their apprenticeship become qualified optical assistants with the chance of a job at the store. Nic Johns, store director at Specsavers in Nailsea, says: ‘We believe that apprenticeships are a great way to unlock the potential of young people.
“Our scheme is an excellent opportunity for young learners to enter the world of work in a safe and structured way, providing them with a real job, great training and qualifications.
You may also want to watch:
“Rather than having to pay tuition fees, our apprentices earn a wage and receive additional benefits including paid holiday.”
Apprentices will learn on the job and complete a level two diploma in optical retail.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
Stacey Smith has just enrolled on the scheme in Nailsea.