Specsavers seeks Nailsea apprentice
- Credit: Archant
An optician in Nailsea is looking for apprentices who are keen to learn the profession.
Specsavers, in Somerset Square, would like a new recruit to join its one-year optical apprenticeship scheme.
The post is open to people over the age of 16 and no previous optical experience is needed.
Those who complete their apprenticeship become qualified optical assistants with the chance of a job at the store. Nic Johns, store director at Specsavers in Nailsea, says: ‘We believe that apprenticeships are a great way to unlock the potential of young people.
“Our scheme is an excellent opportunity for young learners to enter the world of work in a safe and structured way, providing them with a real job, great training and qualifications.
You may also want to watch:
“Rather than having to pay tuition fees, our apprentices earn a wage and receive additional benefits including paid holiday.”
Apprentices will learn on the job and complete a level two diploma in optical retail.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
Stacey Smith has just enrolled on the scheme in Nailsea.