Specsavers staff raise cash for guide dogs
- Credit: n/a
Fundraising efforts of Specsavers staff have helped to raise money for a guide dogs charity.
Employees who work at the branch in Portishead raised the best part of £100 for Guide Dogs for the Blind through hosting a series events.
A cake sale, sticker sale and a fancy dress day helped Specsavers support the worthy cause.
There was also a guess the dog’s name competition and staff were happy to see a soft toy pet called Marley join them in the shop.
Nic Johns, the store’s director, said: “It was great day and lots of fun for everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“Guide Dogs Week was the perfect opportunity to fundraise, and we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that came along to support the charity.
“As an opticians we feel delighted to have such a strong relationship with guide dogs and hope this continues in the future.”
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 5 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 6 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 7 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 8 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected