Specsavers staff raise cash for guide dogs
- Credit: n/a
Fundraising efforts of Specsavers staff have helped to raise money for a guide dogs charity.
Employees who work at the branch in Portishead raised the best part of £100 for Guide Dogs for the Blind through hosting a series events.
A cake sale, sticker sale and a fancy dress day helped Specsavers support the worthy cause.
There was also a guess the dog’s name competition and staff were happy to see a soft toy pet called Marley join them in the shop.
Nic Johns, the store’s director, said: “It was great day and lots of fun for everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“Guide Dogs Week was the perfect opportunity to fundraise, and we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that came along to support the charity.
“As an opticians we feel delighted to have such a strong relationship with guide dogs and hope this continues in the future.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend