Specsavers staff raise cash for guide dogs
- Credit: n/a
Fundraising efforts of Specsavers staff have helped to raise money for a guide dogs charity.
Employees who work at the branch in Portishead raised the best part of £100 for Guide Dogs for the Blind through hosting a series events.
A cake sale, sticker sale and a fancy dress day helped Specsavers support the worthy cause.
There was also a guess the dog’s name competition and staff were happy to see a soft toy pet called Marley join them in the shop.
Nic Johns, the store’s director, said: “It was great day and lots of fun for everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“Guide Dogs Week was the perfect opportunity to fundraise, and we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that came along to support the charity.
“As an opticians we feel delighted to have such a strong relationship with guide dogs and hope this continues in the future.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 4 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 5 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 8 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown