Specsavers staff raise cash for guide dogs
- Credit: n/a
Fundraising efforts of Specsavers staff have helped to raise money for a guide dogs charity.
Employees who work at the branch in Portishead raised the best part of £100 for Guide Dogs for the Blind through hosting a series events.
A cake sale, sticker sale and a fancy dress day helped Specsavers support the worthy cause.
There was also a guess the dog’s name competition and staff were happy to see a soft toy pet called Marley join them in the shop.
Nic Johns, the store’s director, said: “It was great day and lots of fun for everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“Guide Dogs Week was the perfect opportunity to fundraise, and we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that came along to support the charity.
“As an opticians we feel delighted to have such a strong relationship with guide dogs and hope this continues in the future.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery