Specsavers’ funds for veterans
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of pounds have been raised for an armed forces charity by staff at Clevedon’s Specsavers store.
As part of Armed Forces Week, the shop in The Triangle held a day of fundraising activities in aid of Blind Veterans UK.
This included selling cakes and poppy seeds and also a raffle for a hamper of luxury goods.
Store director Emma Perrigo said: “As a charity, Blind Veterans UK has achieved a great amount, but in order to continue their work with our ex-servicemen, they need ongoing support.
“We hope by holding this event we can remind people of the fantastic work the charity does.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of £290 was raised which included £5 donated by Specsavers for every sight test held during the day.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 3 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day