Specsavers’ funds for veterans
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of pounds have been raised for an armed forces charity by staff at Clevedon’s Specsavers store.
As part of Armed Forces Week, the shop in The Triangle held a day of fundraising activities in aid of Blind Veterans UK.
This included selling cakes and poppy seeds and also a raffle for a hamper of luxury goods.
Store director Emma Perrigo said: “As a charity, Blind Veterans UK has achieved a great amount, but in order to continue their work with our ex-servicemen, they need ongoing support.
“We hope by holding this event we can remind people of the fantastic work the charity does.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of £290 was raised which included £5 donated by Specsavers for every sight test held during the day.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit