Specsavers’ funds for veterans
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of pounds have been raised for an armed forces charity by staff at Clevedon’s Specsavers store.
As part of Armed Forces Week, the shop in The Triangle held a day of fundraising activities in aid of Blind Veterans UK.
This included selling cakes and poppy seeds and also a raffle for a hamper of luxury goods.
Store director Emma Perrigo said: “As a charity, Blind Veterans UK has achieved a great amount, but in order to continue their work with our ex-servicemen, they need ongoing support.
“We hope by holding this event we can remind people of the fantastic work the charity does.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of £290 was raised which included £5 donated by Specsavers for every sight test held during the day.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 7 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 10 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street