SoleLution wins national award
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A Portishead retailer is celebrating winning a top industry award after joining the best from across the sector at a prestigious ceremony on Sunday.
SoleLution shoe shop in Portishead High Street, was named shopfront of the year at the 2018 Footwear Industry Awards, held at the National Conference Centre in Birmingham.
It also came second and was highly commended in the independent category for ladies’ shoes.
The Footwear Industry Awards celebrate excellence in the industry and is open to independent start-ups and multi-national firms.
Tanya Marriott, owner of SoleLution, said: “I am one very happy lady.
You may also want to watch:
“It gives me a great sense of pride knowing that SoleLution was voted for by professionals in the footwear industry.
“The awards mean a lot. I am passionate about footwear and the importance of people wearing correctly fitting shoes and it’s good to know our commitment and hard work is recognised.”
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3