SoleLution wins national award
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A Portishead retailer is celebrating winning a top industry award after joining the best from across the sector at a prestigious ceremony on Sunday.
SoleLution shoe shop in Portishead High Street, was named shopfront of the year at the 2018 Footwear Industry Awards, held at the National Conference Centre in Birmingham.
It also came second and was highly commended in the independent category for ladies’ shoes.
The Footwear Industry Awards celebrate excellence in the industry and is open to independent start-ups and multi-national firms.
Tanya Marriott, owner of SoleLution, said: “I am one very happy lady.
“It gives me a great sense of pride knowing that SoleLution was voted for by professionals in the footwear industry.
“The awards mean a lot. I am passionate about footwear and the importance of people wearing correctly fitting shoes and it’s good to know our commitment and hard work is recognised.”
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns