Solar company helps reach UK first
A PAIR of Clevedon companies has played an instrumental part in a project to create an innovative, carbon neutral building in Bristol.
Julian Stannard’s firm, Juice Electrical and Solar Solutions in Halswell Road, provided and installed the solar panels for the Co2 ZERO building in the St Paul’s area of the city.
The development gained level five in the Code for Sustainable Homes assessment criteria after the solar panels were fitted, making it the UK’s first eco work / live development. It is made up of offices and homes in nine duplex premises.
Julian, along with Rory Daniels and Nick Stathers of RN Roofing Solutions in Clevedon, fitted the photovoltaic (PV) panels to the roof and it is estimated they will produce 2,000 kWh of electricity per year.
Julian said: “We are delighted to be involved with the Co2 ZERO project. It is a really interesting building and is setting fantastic standards for carbon neutrality.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details about PV installation call Julian on 07980 240185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset