Solar company helps reach UK first
A PAIR of Clevedon companies has played an instrumental part in a project to create an innovative, carbon neutral building in Bristol.
Julian Stannard’s firm, Juice Electrical and Solar Solutions in Halswell Road, provided and installed the solar panels for the Co2 ZERO building in the St Paul’s area of the city.
The development gained level five in the Code for Sustainable Homes assessment criteria after the solar panels were fitted, making it the UK’s first eco work / live development. It is made up of offices and homes in nine duplex premises.
Julian, along with Rory Daniels and Nick Stathers of RN Roofing Solutions in Clevedon, fitted the photovoltaic (PV) panels to the roof and it is estimated they will produce 2,000 kWh of electricity per year.
Julian said: “We are delighted to be involved with the Co2 ZERO project. It is a really interesting building and is setting fantastic standards for carbon neutrality.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details about PV installation call Julian on 07980 240185 or email email@example.com
- 1 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 2 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 9 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends