Solar company helps reach UK first
A PAIR of Clevedon companies has played an instrumental part in a project to create an innovative, carbon neutral building in Bristol.
Julian Stannard’s firm, Juice Electrical and Solar Solutions in Halswell Road, provided and installed the solar panels for the Co2 ZERO building in the St Paul’s area of the city.
The development gained level five in the Code for Sustainable Homes assessment criteria after the solar panels were fitted, making it the UK’s first eco work / live development. It is made up of offices and homes in nine duplex premises.
Julian, along with Rory Daniels and Nick Stathers of RN Roofing Solutions in Clevedon, fitted the photovoltaic (PV) panels to the roof and it is estimated they will produce 2,000 kWh of electricity per year.
Julian said: “We are delighted to be involved with the Co2 ZERO project. It is a really interesting building and is setting fantastic standards for carbon neutrality.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details about PV installation call Julian on 07980 240185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 4 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme