App which lets workers trade their skills will launch in North Somerset first
- Credit: Submitted
A mobile phone app being launched by a technology company will be tested in North Somerset.
Bristol-based firm One Big Circle has created beebooked, which aims to help people trade their skills for work, or find people with the skills they need for certain jobs.
The skills can be in a range of industries, such as childcare, design work or entertainment.
One Big Circle director Emily Kent said: “It’s a hugely exciting venture which is going to tap into an area which is ripe for innovation.
“There are so many skills people can trade and earn from, and they need a platform to do that easily and efficiently.
You may also want to watch:
“As a North Somerset resident I championed the area internally and was delighted when it was selected for the launch.
“I know there are so many talented individuals who want to use their skills yet need to work in the hours which suit them.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 4 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year