App which lets workers trade their skills will launch in North Somerset first
- Credit: Submitted
A mobile phone app being launched by a technology company will be tested in North Somerset.
Bristol-based firm One Big Circle has created beebooked, which aims to help people trade their skills for work, or find people with the skills they need for certain jobs.
The skills can be in a range of industries, such as childcare, design work or entertainment.
One Big Circle director Emily Kent said: “It’s a hugely exciting venture which is going to tap into an area which is ripe for innovation.
“There are so many skills people can trade and earn from, and they need a platform to do that easily and efficiently.
You may also want to watch:
“As a North Somerset resident I championed the area internally and was delighted when it was selected for the launch.
“I know there are so many talented individuals who want to use their skills yet need to work in the hours which suit them.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage