App which lets workers trade their skills will launch in North Somerset first
- Credit: Submitted
A mobile phone app being launched by a technology company will be tested in North Somerset.
Bristol-based firm One Big Circle has created beebooked, which aims to help people trade their skills for work, or find people with the skills they need for certain jobs.
The skills can be in a range of industries, such as childcare, design work or entertainment.
One Big Circle director Emily Kent said: “It’s a hugely exciting venture which is going to tap into an area which is ripe for innovation.
“There are so many skills people can trade and earn from, and they need a platform to do that easily and efficiently.
You may also want to watch:
“As a North Somerset resident I championed the area internally and was delighted when it was selected for the launch.
“I know there are so many talented individuals who want to use their skills yet need to work in the hours which suit them.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches