Silver award for Fairtrade post office
- Credit: Jon Craig Photography
A VILLAGE post office has been recognised for the support it gives to the international Fairtrade initiative.
Pill Post Office won a silver award at the South West Fairtrade Business Awards, held in Bristol earlier this month.
More than 50 companies were represented at the event which saw accolades presented by TV presenter and ethical and green expert for The Observer newspaper, Lucy Siegle.
Pill Post Office sells a range of fairly traded products from chocolate to toilet rolls.
Sub postmistress, Kate Jopp, said: “I really believe in supporting third world producers who are linked to the Fairtrade symbol.
You may also want to watch:
“They not only get a good price for their products but the community also gets the Fairtrade premium which they can decided how to spend for the good of them all.
“This includes schools, medical screenings and other basics such as roads to get their products to market.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published