Silver award for Fairtrade post office
- Credit: Jon Craig Photography
A VILLAGE post office has been recognised for the support it gives to the international Fairtrade initiative.
Pill Post Office won a silver award at the South West Fairtrade Business Awards, held in Bristol earlier this month.
More than 50 companies were represented at the event which saw accolades presented by TV presenter and ethical and green expert for The Observer newspaper, Lucy Siegle.
Pill Post Office sells a range of fairly traded products from chocolate to toilet rolls.
Sub postmistress, Kate Jopp, said: “I really believe in supporting third world producers who are linked to the Fairtrade symbol.
You may also want to watch:
“They not only get a good price for their products but the community also gets the Fairtrade premium which they can decided how to spend for the good of them all.
“This includes schools, medical screenings and other basics such as roads to get their products to market.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens