Silver award for Fairtrade post office
- Credit: Jon Craig Photography
A VILLAGE post office has been recognised for the support it gives to the international Fairtrade initiative.
Pill Post Office won a silver award at the South West Fairtrade Business Awards, held in Bristol earlier this month.
More than 50 companies were represented at the event which saw accolades presented by TV presenter and ethical and green expert for The Observer newspaper, Lucy Siegle.
Pill Post Office sells a range of fairly traded products from chocolate to toilet rolls.
Sub postmistress, Kate Jopp, said: “I really believe in supporting third world producers who are linked to the Fairtrade symbol.
You may also want to watch:
“They not only get a good price for their products but the community also gets the Fairtrade premium which they can decided how to spend for the good of them all.
“This includes schools, medical screenings and other basics such as roads to get their products to market.”
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun