Shop winners announced
- Credit: Archant
TWO entrepreneurs have been chosen as lucky winners in a competition launched to give away a Nailsea shop for a year.
The contest was set up by the owners of Crown Glass Shopping Centre to give people the chance to trial a business idea for a year while also filling a vacant unit in the town centre.
This morning (Fri) it has been announced that in fact two of the entrants have been chosen as winners, each to receive a unit in Colliers Walk free of rent and rates for a year.
More than 30 local people submitted their ideas to win the 15 Colliers Walk shop and shortlisted applicants faced a panel of judges in a Dragons’ Den-style pitch.
However, the judges were so impressed with the entries they received they have decided to give away two shops.
You may also want to watch:
Fran Hunt of party and wedding supplies sale and hire business, Partysmartys, will move into 15 Colliers Walk.
Meanwhile, Emily Rickard will open the Ewe-Knit 20 shop at 20 Colliers Walk, a few doors away, to provide machine knitting classes, materials for creative and hobbyist knitwear, and her own range of knitted clothing and accessories.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 4 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme
Mark Robinson of Crown Glass landlord Ellandi, who was one of the judges, said: “We had a fantastic response to this competition from local people to run their own business and we simply couldn’t decide between Fran and Emily, who both had great ideas which were well thought through and which will add to the Nailsea shopping experience.”
Each of the winners will be given free mentoring help and support from local financial, banking, retail and marketing experts. The prize is worth more than £25,000 to each winner.
At the end of the one-year period they will both have the chance to sign a commercial lease to continue occupancy if they wish