Shoe shop on the move
- Credit: Archant
EXCITING changes to Portishead High Street will see the rejuvenation of a prominent town centre building.
While the majority of the town is vibrant, the closure of a bakery and café in 2012 left a blot on the landscape.
The shopfront of Catherine’s Patisserie, which had traded at 62 High Street for 30 years, has been heavily boarded for more than a year, blighting the appearance of the town’s shopping hub.
Following extensive interest in the property, it was mysteriously taken off the market for a period, dashing hopes of a speedy improvement to the aesthetics of the High Street.
In the past few days however, a contract for the property has been signed, and plans are now under way to transform the dated building into a modern family shoe shop.
Solelution, currently at 114 High Street, will move to the more central point of number 62 as soon as renovations can be completed.
Owner Tanya Marriott said: “It will be great to move to more central premises and we will be able to hold much more stock at the new shop, thanks to a sizeable storeroom.
- 1 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 2 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 3 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 4 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 5 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
- 6 Portishead Tennis Club to host open day on new courts
- 7 Nailsea CC return to winning ways with big win at Frampton Cotterell seconds
- 8 Barrow Gurney lose unbeaten record after batting collapse
- 9 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 10 Cleeve CC seconds end barren run with morale boosting win
“We are looking forward to the move and also to finding a new business to occupy our existing shop, which could provide more shopping opportunities for the town.”
Work is expected to begin next in March and Tanya aims to have the shop up and running by July.