Shoe shop on the move
- Credit: Archant
EXCITING changes to Portishead High Street will see the rejuvenation of a prominent town centre building.
While the majority of the town is vibrant, the closure of a bakery and café in 2012 left a blot on the landscape.
The shopfront of Catherine’s Patisserie, which had traded at 62 High Street for 30 years, has been heavily boarded for more than a year, blighting the appearance of the town’s shopping hub.
Following extensive interest in the property, it was mysteriously taken off the market for a period, dashing hopes of a speedy improvement to the aesthetics of the High Street.
In the past few days however, a contract for the property has been signed, and plans are now under way to transform the dated building into a modern family shoe shop.
You may also want to watch:
Solelution, currently at 114 High Street, will move to the more central point of number 62 as soon as renovations can be completed.
Owner Tanya Marriott said: “It will be great to move to more central premises and we will be able to hold much more stock at the new shop, thanks to a sizeable storeroom.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery
“We are looking forward to the move and also to finding a new business to occupy our existing shop, which could provide more shopping opportunities for the town.”
Work is expected to begin next in March and Tanya aims to have the shop up and running by July.