Search for photogenic family
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD photographer is looking for a family from the town to go on public display.
Chris Clarke, who runs Perception Photography, is currently transforming the former West Hill Auto Spares building at the Triangle, West Hill, into a modern photographic studio and gallery. The working studio will be operational before the end of November, followed by the opening of a reception area and photo gallery, which Chris is currently developing.
A competition will be launched on the Perception Photography Facebook page at 9am on Saturday asking for nominations of families willing to have their photo in the studio window. This will run for only 24 hours, following which, all entries will go in to a draw.
The first 15 names pulled out will be invited to a free sitting and people will then be able to vote for their favourite family photo on the Facebook page. The winning photograph will be enlarged and exhibited in the studio window.
Chris, who currently operates from a studio at The Old Bakehouse in Portishead High Street, said: “It is very exciting for the business to be moving in to bigger premises and I am looking forward to being in the heart of the West Hill community. Running a competition like this enables me to involve the whole local community in my business, which I am proud to be able to do.”
You may also want to watch:
Before Perception Photography took up the lease at 3-4 West Hill, it had been empty for eight months. Portishead businessman Adrian Toms and his wife Joy had run West Hill Auto Spares from the premises for more than 35 years before retiring in March.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport