Seafront pub set for Mezze takeover
- Credit: Archant
A CLEVEDON seafront pub looks set to be converted into a new restaurant.
Campbell’s Landing has been closed since the end of January but will soon be added to the list of Mezze restaurants operating in North Somerset.
The firm is well-known for its development of The White Lion pub in Portishead’s High Street, which was reopened last year along with The Anchor in Ham Green.
For Campbell’s Landing, which is owned by Enterprise Inns and sits opposite Clevedon Pier, the company has submitted a planning application to create a roof terrace, build a first floor pavilion-style extension and make changes to the existing building.
In its design statement, the firm says it wants to bring the hotel rooms at the venue back into use and also operate a restaurant over two floors.
You may also want to watch:
Once Mezze Restaurants has completed plans to open venues in Clevedon and Tetbury, this will bring its total number of establishments to eight.
The firm has an overall objective to be operating 20 venues across the West Country in the next five years.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
Mezze director, Alex Tryfonos said: “With our significant investment into failing pubs, we are helping to turn around their futures and secure their place as the social hub of their local community.”