Employees take on Top of the Shops contest for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Three teams from Scottish Widows took part in a window display competition in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
The employees from the pensions company were allocated one of the Wraxall charity’s stores and given the task of improving their displays to entice more people through the doors.
Each team worked together to develop a plan to increase sales or organise fundraising activities as part of the Top of the Shops contest.
The challenge was held at the shops in Nailsea and Portishead and the sales for each store were tracked to see which team won.
Children’s Hospice South West shops are professionally-run retail sites which raise vital funds to provide specialist care to children with life-limiting conditions.
You may also want to watch:
The dedicated staff at Charlton Farm provide a wide range of support including respite and short breaks, emergency care and bereavement support.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 5 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 6 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 10 Further delays for rail project