School wants business help
GORDANO School in Portishead is appealing to the town’s business community to develop stronger links with it.
The school is launching a new business partnership which will involve working with commerce and industry to benefit both the businesses involved and Gordano students.
A school spokesman said: “We are inviting businesses to join this exciting initiative as we strive to provide our students with the very best possible preparation for the world of work.”
The programme aims to establish an internship programme for year 12 and 13 students, to work with businesses to create apprenticeship placements and promote the Gordano Employability Award with links offering mentoring, interviews and application support.
The partnership will be structured around a series of business breakfasts at the school, which will also provide networking opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
The new venture will be launched on November 21 at 6.30pm in the new sixth form centre at the school in St Marys Road. Businessmen and women are invited to go along to find out more about the new project.
For more details call Alison Wood on 842606 (ext 505) or email email@example.com
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset