Salon business aims to raise £5k for hospice
- Credit: Archant
A hair salon business is celebrating more than 45 years serving the local community by organising a huge fundraising drive.
Robert John, with salons in Portishead and Clevedon, is encouraging the local business community to get on board to help raise more than £5,000 for Children’s Hospice South West’s Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
Until the end of September, it will run fundraising Fridays at the salons where a range of activities will take place, including guessing the name of the teddy or the number of sweets in a jar, to enjoying coffee and cakes with staff and clients.
Other fundraising activities include a skydive and a Blow Dry Saturday, where the whole day’s takings for blow dries on a Saturday in September will be donated to the cause. The fundraising campaign will culminate in a champagne VIP party night at Hall & Woodhouse in Portishead on September 24.
The event will feature an amazing showcase of hair and fashion and will also include a silent auction with exciting prizes and a grand draw.
You may also want to watch:
Bob and Jenny Hancock, owners of Robert John, said: “While in business we have supported many charities locally and nationally, but having recently visited Charlton Farm and seeing the wonderful work they do in providing hospice care for children with life-limiting conditions and support for their families, we decided to turn our celebrations of 45 years in business in to something that would benefit this local cause.
“We hope all the local businesses will get behind us in our fundraising drive by donating prizes or organising activities to help support the charity and help us reach our target.”
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 3 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Beauty spot used as toilet
- 9 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 10 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
Robert John opened its first salon at 20 High Street in Portishead in 1969, remaining there until the purchase of its current premises at Cabstand in 1994. It also has a salon in Clevedon’s Kenn Road.
Each year Robert John has a waiting list of young people eager to join the group to pursue their hairdressing career, many of which go on to represent the country at various International Championships.
For more information the fundraising campaign, email email@example.com or call 01275 818686.