Clevedon store wants charity nominations
- Credit: Contributed
A Clevedon supermarket is appealing for nominations to be its charity of the year.
Sainsbury’s in Hill Road has been running the scheme for the past 10 years, with Marie Curie the previous organisation to benefit.
This year three charities will be shortlisted with customers able to vote in store and online from June 11-24.
The winner will receive a year of fundraising support.
Store manager Shane Quick said: “There are so many fantastic charities in the local area which do brilliant work in our community.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a great year working in partnership with Marie Curie and we are excited to be offering a new charity the chance to receive support from our customers and colleagues.”
The deadline for applications is today (Wednesday).
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5