Clevedon store wants charity nominations
- Credit: Contributed
A Clevedon supermarket is appealing for nominations to be its charity of the year.
Sainsbury’s in Hill Road has been running the scheme for the past 10 years, with Marie Curie the previous organisation to benefit.
This year three charities will be shortlisted with customers able to vote in store and online from June 11-24.
The winner will receive a year of fundraising support.
Store manager Shane Quick said: “There are so many fantastic charities in the local area which do brilliant work in our community.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a great year working in partnership with Marie Curie and we are excited to be offering a new charity the chance to receive support from our customers and colleagues.”
The deadline for applications is today (Wednesday).
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe