Clevedon store wants charity nominations
- Credit: Contributed
A Clevedon supermarket is appealing for nominations to be its charity of the year.
Sainsbury’s in Hill Road has been running the scheme for the past 10 years, with Marie Curie the previous organisation to benefit.
This year three charities will be shortlisted with customers able to vote in store and online from June 11-24.
The winner will receive a year of fundraising support.
Store manager Shane Quick said: “There are so many fantastic charities in the local area which do brilliant work in our community.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a great year working in partnership with Marie Curie and we are excited to be offering a new charity the chance to receive support from our customers and colleagues.”
The deadline for applications is today (Wednesday).
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel