Clevedon store wants charity nominations
- Credit: Contributed
A Clevedon supermarket is appealing for nominations to be its charity of the year.
Sainsbury’s in Hill Road has been running the scheme for the past 10 years, with Marie Curie the previous organisation to benefit.
This year three charities will be shortlisted with customers able to vote in store and online from June 11-24.
The winner will receive a year of fundraising support.
Store manager Shane Quick said: “There are so many fantastic charities in the local area which do brilliant work in our community.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a great year working in partnership with Marie Curie and we are excited to be offering a new charity the chance to receive support from our customers and colleagues.”
The deadline for applications is today (Wednesday).
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder