Portishead building firm wins national award
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A Portishead building firm has been recognised for delivering outstanding construction and workmanship.
Richwood Construction, run by friends Paul Richards and James Hailwood, has been named Best Local Builder or Traditional Craftsperson 2020 in the LABC awards for excellence for the West of England.
The LABC is an organisation representing local authority building control departments in England and Wales.
James said: “We are really pleased to receive this award on behalf of our entire team, it’s great to know our efforts and hard work don’t go unnoticed.
Paul and James started Richwood Construction in 2003 and the LABC Regional Building Excellence Awards are the largest business to business awards in the UK.
James added: "It’s fantastic to have our workmanship recognised by the local authority building control and to be given this award.”
The LABC awards are usually given at a celebratory event, but due to the pandemic awards have been made by post this year.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp