Portishead building firm wins national award
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A Portishead building firm has been recognised for delivering outstanding construction and workmanship.
Richwood Construction, run by friends Paul Richards and James Hailwood, has been named Best Local Builder or Traditional Craftsperson 2020 in the LABC awards for excellence for the West of England.
The LABC is an organisation representing local authority building control departments in England and Wales.
James said: “We are really pleased to receive this award on behalf of our entire team, it’s great to know our efforts and hard work don’t go unnoticed.
Paul and James started Richwood Construction in 2003 and the LABC Regional Building Excellence Awards are the largest business to business awards in the UK.
James added: "It’s fantastic to have our workmanship recognised by the local authority building control and to be given this award.”
The LABC awards are usually given at a celebratory event, but due to the pandemic awards have been made by post this year.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers