Ribbon cut on new-look post office
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
THE ribbon has been cut on a new-look, modern post office in North Somerset.
As part of the Post Office’s plans to modernise its network of shops, the branch in Long Ashton has been upgraded and is now open for 25 hours longer each week.
The Weston Road facility now boasts three serving positions and customers can now access its services every day.
The new opening hours are from 7am-6pm Monday to Saturday and 7am-12.30pm on Sundays.
To celebrate the upgrade, an official opening ceremony was held, when Cllr Bob Cook and sub-postmaster David Andrews cut the ribbon.
Mr Andrews said: “I know customers will like the improvements and I’d like to thank our customers for being patient during the changes.”
- 1 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 2 North Somerset schools receive £1,000 memorial donation
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 5 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 6 Clevedon School Christmas tree sale raises money for foodbank
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 9 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea Lions Christmas float route revealed