Ribbon cut on new-look post office
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
THE ribbon has been cut on a new-look, modern post office in North Somerset.
As part of the Post Office’s plans to modernise its network of shops, the branch in Long Ashton has been upgraded and is now open for 25 hours longer each week.
The Weston Road facility now boasts three serving positions and customers can now access its services every day.
The new opening hours are from 7am-6pm Monday to Saturday and 7am-12.30pm on Sundays.
To celebrate the upgrade, an official opening ceremony was held, when Cllr Bob Cook and sub-postmaster David Andrews cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Andrews said: “I know customers will like the improvements and I’d like to thank our customers for being patient during the changes.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme