Ribbon cut on new-look post office
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
THE ribbon has been cut on a new-look, modern post office in North Somerset.
As part of the Post Office’s plans to modernise its network of shops, the branch in Long Ashton has been upgraded and is now open for 25 hours longer each week.
The Weston Road facility now boasts three serving positions and customers can now access its services every day.
The new opening hours are from 7am-6pm Monday to Saturday and 7am-12.30pm on Sundays.
To celebrate the upgrade, an official opening ceremony was held, when Cllr Bob Cook and sub-postmaster David Andrews cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Andrews said: “I know customers will like the improvements and I’d like to thank our customers for being patient during the changes.”
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset