Ribbon cut on new-look post office
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
THE ribbon has been cut on a new-look, modern post office in North Somerset.
As part of the Post Office’s plans to modernise its network of shops, the branch in Long Ashton has been upgraded and is now open for 25 hours longer each week.
The Weston Road facility now boasts three serving positions and customers can now access its services every day.
The new opening hours are from 7am-6pm Monday to Saturday and 7am-12.30pm on Sundays.
To celebrate the upgrade, an official opening ceremony was held, when Cllr Bob Cook and sub-postmaster David Andrews cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Andrews said: “I know customers will like the improvements and I’d like to thank our customers for being patient during the changes.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset