Restaurant’s red carpet celebration
- Credit: supplied
THE owners of a popular Clevedon restaurant were joined by customers and staff to celebrate 20 years since it opened in the town.
A special evening was held at Junior Poon Chinese Restaurant and Wine Bar in Hill Road to mark the occasion, which saw customers arrive on a red carpet and live music performed by soprano Hayley James and tenor Tim Pitman.
Junior’s sister, Melissa, who travelled from Malaysia, also joined the celebrations along with his daughters Clarisa and Iliana.
The establishment was opened by Junior Poon and his wife Rena in December 1992 and has become an extremely successful business.
Junior said: “It has been a very challenging journey from humble beginnings but a very enjoyable one.
You may also want to watch:
“We started without air conditioning as it was not within our budget. All our equipment, furniture, crockery were second hand.
“Looking back now we can see the funny side of it – that was part of the fun of doing with what we had.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
“Without the support of our customers we wouldn’t be what we are today.”