Restaurant’s red carpet celebration
- Credit: supplied
THE owners of a popular Clevedon restaurant were joined by customers and staff to celebrate 20 years since it opened in the town.
A special evening was held at Junior Poon Chinese Restaurant and Wine Bar in Hill Road to mark the occasion, which saw customers arrive on a red carpet and live music performed by soprano Hayley James and tenor Tim Pitman.
Junior’s sister, Melissa, who travelled from Malaysia, also joined the celebrations along with his daughters Clarisa and Iliana.
The establishment was opened by Junior Poon and his wife Rena in December 1992 and has become an extremely successful business.
Junior said: “It has been a very challenging journey from humble beginnings but a very enjoyable one.
You may also want to watch:
“We started without air conditioning as it was not within our budget. All our equipment, furniture, crockery were second hand.
“Looking back now we can see the funny side of it – that was part of the fun of doing with what we had.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
“Without the support of our customers we wouldn’t be what we are today.”