Restaurant’s red carpet celebration
- Credit: supplied
THE owners of a popular Clevedon restaurant were joined by customers and staff to celebrate 20 years since it opened in the town.
A special evening was held at Junior Poon Chinese Restaurant and Wine Bar in Hill Road to mark the occasion, which saw customers arrive on a red carpet and live music performed by soprano Hayley James and tenor Tim Pitman.
Junior’s sister, Melissa, who travelled from Malaysia, also joined the celebrations along with his daughters Clarisa and Iliana.
The establishment was opened by Junior Poon and his wife Rena in December 1992 and has become an extremely successful business.
Junior said: “It has been a very challenging journey from humble beginnings but a very enjoyable one.
You may also want to watch:
“We started without air conditioning as it was not within our budget. All our equipment, furniture, crockery were second hand.
“Looking back now we can see the funny side of it – that was part of the fun of doing with what we had.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 8 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 9 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 10 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
“Without the support of our customers we wouldn’t be what we are today.”