Restaurant’s red carpet celebration
- Credit: supplied
THE owners of a popular Clevedon restaurant were joined by customers and staff to celebrate 20 years since it opened in the town.
A special evening was held at Junior Poon Chinese Restaurant and Wine Bar in Hill Road to mark the occasion, which saw customers arrive on a red carpet and live music performed by soprano Hayley James and tenor Tim Pitman.
Junior’s sister, Melissa, who travelled from Malaysia, also joined the celebrations along with his daughters Clarisa and Iliana.
The establishment was opened by Junior Poon and his wife Rena in December 1992 and has become an extremely successful business.
Junior said: “It has been a very challenging journey from humble beginnings but a very enjoyable one.
“We started without air conditioning as it was not within our budget. All our equipment, furniture, crockery were second hand.
“Looking back now we can see the funny side of it – that was part of the fun of doing with what we had.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 3 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Nailsea & Tickenham toast confirmation of Western League spot
- 5 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 6 West of England mayor back anti-expansion airport protestors
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
- 9 WIN! Tickets to George Michael Freedom Uncut at the Curzon
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
“Without the support of our customers we wouldn’t be what we are today.”