Residents welcome new Portishead pharmacy
A NEW pharmacy has opened in Portishead much to the delight of nearby residents.
The opening of West Hill Pharmacy in Avon Way has been welcomed by those living in the West Hill area, many of who are elderly.
New owner Max Punni said: “I did my homework and found that this area of Portishead is home to hundreds of people who find it difficult to get to and from the town centre on a regular basis.
“The residents we spoke to said they desperately wanted a chemist closer to their homes so we have given them exactly that.”
The new pharmacy is open six days a week and Max says he is keen to become an active member of the Portishead community and is already taking an interest in community events.
You may also want to watch:
The shop, close to Costcutter supermarket, not only sells a wide range of medicines and health care products, it offers a full prescription service and has a purpose-built confidential consultation room.
Max added: “We care about our customers and want to provide them with the best possible service we can.”
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 6 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
West Hill Pharmacy delivers prescriptions for free to homes anywhere in Portishead, they have a dedicated driver who will collect repeat prescriptions from customers, deliver them to the medical centre and then handle the collection and delivery of medicines.
More details about the new free services available at West Hill Pharmacy is available by calling 01275 840066.