Seven jobs created as outdoor clothing store comes to shopping outlet
- Credit: Google
A new outdoor clothing store is opening - bringing seven jobs to Somerset.
Regatta Great Outdoors is opening a shop at The Cliffs Shopping Outlet in Cheddar in the premises formerly occupied by Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
Jo Black, retail director at Regatta, said the store was set to welcome shoppers from July 21.
"This really is an exciting time for the Regatta brand to be opening in Cheddar," said Jo.
"Somerset is a fabulous marketplace, and our customers can expect to receive great service, great brands and see an incredible range suitable for all the family at affordable prices as we look to inspire more and more people to fall in love with the great outdoors."
Founded in 1981, Regatta is famous for men's, women's and childrenswear, as well as offering camping and adventure essentials – from tents and sleeping bags to rucksacks and footwear.
"Regatta’s large product range targets a vast audience from hikers and outdoor adventurers to active families and dog walkers, with the aim of enabling people to enjoy the great outdoors and live healthier and happier lives," a spokesperson said.
Regatta has more than 60 retail stores and retail partners across the UK.
- 1 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
- 2 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 3 Clevedon Choral is digging deep for new members this autumn
- 4 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 6 Skate park fundraiser reaches £27,000 - but needs YOUR help
- 7 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 8 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Weather warning issued for thunderstorms across Somerset
For the opening on July 21, there will be up to 70%-off opening offers in-store.
"Regatta staff look forward to welcoming customers with new ranges available from celebrity ambassadors such as Freddie Flintoff, Rochelle Humes and Josie Gibson plus ranges from famous names such as Peppa Pig," the spokesperson added.