Raffle raises hundreds for WaterAid
- Credit: supplied
HUNDREDS of pounds have been raised for the international charity WaterAid by a Long Ashton hair salon.
Elements Hair Company collected the cash throughout April, which is also designated as Earth Month, by selling raffle tickets.
The winner was recently selected by local radio and TV presenter Miranda Krestovnikoff and they will receive a hamper filled with Aveda hair products donated by the salon owners Anita Hancorn and Wabara Church.
The raffle resulted in £705 being raised for WaterAid, which is heavily supported by Aveda, and it will go toward its work to provide clean water and sanitation for people in India and Nepal.
Anita and Wabara said: “We are really thrilled with the total this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year we raised £430 for WaterAid during Earth Month and we didn’t think that amount could be beaten.”
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s