Raffle raises hundreds for WaterAid
- Credit: supplied
HUNDREDS of pounds have been raised for the international charity WaterAid by a Long Ashton hair salon.
Elements Hair Company collected the cash throughout April, which is also designated as Earth Month, by selling raffle tickets.
The winner was recently selected by local radio and TV presenter Miranda Krestovnikoff and they will receive a hamper filled with Aveda hair products donated by the salon owners Anita Hancorn and Wabara Church.
The raffle resulted in £705 being raised for WaterAid, which is heavily supported by Aveda, and it will go toward its work to provide clean water and sanitation for people in India and Nepal.
Anita and Wabara said: “We are really thrilled with the total this year.
“Last year we raised £430 for WaterAid during Earth Month and we didn’t think that amount could be beaten.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Village to host first ever season of live events