Raffle raises hundreds for WaterAid
- Credit: supplied
HUNDREDS of pounds have been raised for the international charity WaterAid by a Long Ashton hair salon.
Elements Hair Company collected the cash throughout April, which is also designated as Earth Month, by selling raffle tickets.
The winner was recently selected by local radio and TV presenter Miranda Krestovnikoff and they will receive a hamper filled with Aveda hair products donated by the salon owners Anita Hancorn and Wabara Church.
The raffle resulted in £705 being raised for WaterAid, which is heavily supported by Aveda, and it will go toward its work to provide clean water and sanitation for people in India and Nepal.
Anita and Wabara said: “We are really thrilled with the total this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year we raised £430 for WaterAid during Earth Month and we didn’t think that amount could be beaten.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway