Raffle raises hundreds for WaterAid
- Credit: supplied
HUNDREDS of pounds have been raised for the international charity WaterAid by a Long Ashton hair salon.
Elements Hair Company collected the cash throughout April, which is also designated as Earth Month, by selling raffle tickets.
The winner was recently selected by local radio and TV presenter Miranda Krestovnikoff and they will receive a hamper filled with Aveda hair products donated by the salon owners Anita Hancorn and Wabara Church.
The raffle resulted in £705 being raised for WaterAid, which is heavily supported by Aveda, and it will go toward its work to provide clean water and sanitation for people in India and Nepal.
Anita and Wabara said: “We are really thrilled with the total this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year we raised £430 for WaterAid during Earth Month and we didn’t think that amount could be beaten.”
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 5 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 6 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 7 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 8 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up