Queenie’s Flower Shop opens its doors
- Credit: Archant
COLOURFUL blooms have been brightening up Nailsea thanks to a new florist.
Claire Davis has set up Queenie’s Flower Shop in Colliers Walk selling fresh flowers and up-cycled accessories including vintage crockery and pots.
Claire found she had a flair for flowers after completing a month’s course in floristry.
She spent the summer making arrangements for weddings, before jumping at the chance to open her own shop when she noticed an empty unit in Nailsea. She said: “I’m massively excited to have my own shop.
“Everything I use is recycled from car boot sales and charity shops, so they are one-offs.
“People will get the opportunity to come and buy something nobody else will have.”
Claire, aged 42, is passionate about recycling and vintage items and sells her flowers wrapped in newspaper.
- 1 Town council submits complaint over 'financially flawed' appropriation of land
- 2 PICTURES: Festival of light at Clevedon Marine Lake
- 3 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 4 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 5 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 6 Meet the new leader of the Somerset Chamber of Commerce
- 7 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 8 Somerset counselling service gets £5,000 cash boost
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
Philippa Hart will also be selling her birdcage lampshades from the shop.