Queenie’s Flower Shop opens its doors
- Credit: Archant
COLOURFUL blooms have been brightening up Nailsea thanks to a new florist.
Claire Davis has set up Queenie’s Flower Shop in Colliers Walk selling fresh flowers and up-cycled accessories including vintage crockery and pots.
Claire found she had a flair for flowers after completing a month’s course in floristry.
She spent the summer making arrangements for weddings, before jumping at the chance to open her own shop when she noticed an empty unit in Nailsea. She said: “I’m massively excited to have my own shop.
“Everything I use is recycled from car boot sales and charity shops, so they are one-offs.
You may also want to watch:
“People will get the opportunity to come and buy something nobody else will have.”
Claire, aged 42, is passionate about recycling and vintage items and sells her flowers wrapped in newspaper.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 8 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 9 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
Philippa Hart will also be selling her birdcage lampshades from the shop.