Queenie’s Flower Shop opens its doors
- Credit: Archant
COLOURFUL blooms have been brightening up Nailsea thanks to a new florist.
Claire Davis has set up Queenie’s Flower Shop in Colliers Walk selling fresh flowers and up-cycled accessories including vintage crockery and pots.
Claire found she had a flair for flowers after completing a month’s course in floristry.
She spent the summer making arrangements for weddings, before jumping at the chance to open her own shop when she noticed an empty unit in Nailsea. She said: “I’m massively excited to have my own shop.
“Everything I use is recycled from car boot sales and charity shops, so they are one-offs.
You may also want to watch:
“People will get the opportunity to come and buy something nobody else will have.”
Claire, aged 42, is passionate about recycling and vintage items and sells her flowers wrapped in newspaper.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
Philippa Hart will also be selling her birdcage lampshades from the shop.