Pullins’ Great Taste Award
A NORTH Somerset bakery has risen to the top of the baking league after winning a Two Star Gold Great Taste Award for its rye sourdough.
Pullins, which has shops in Clevedon and Yatton, was presented the award as part of the annual national competition.
Out of 7,482 products entered, only 608 received the accolade, putting the Pullins loaf in the top eight per cent of the country’s finest food.
The handmade loaf uses an ancient baking process and contains only locally-milled rye flour, water and salt.
This is the second year Pullins has scooped a prestigious Great Taste Award.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Pullin, whose great grandfather founded the bakery in 1925, said: “This award backs up the many great comments we’ve had from our customers at farmer’s markets and through our online shop.
“The awards we now boast in the range put us among the best bakers in the country and rightly so.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme