Pullins’ Great Taste Award
A NORTH Somerset bakery has risen to the top of the baking league after winning a Two Star Gold Great Taste Award for its rye sourdough.
Pullins, which has shops in Clevedon and Yatton, was presented the award as part of the annual national competition.
Out of 7,482 products entered, only 608 received the accolade, putting the Pullins loaf in the top eight per cent of the country’s finest food.
The handmade loaf uses an ancient baking process and contains only locally-milled rye flour, water and salt.
This is the second year Pullins has scooped a prestigious Great Taste Award.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Pullin, whose great grandfather founded the bakery in 1925, said: “This award backs up the many great comments we’ve had from our customers at farmer’s markets and through our online shop.
“The awards we now boast in the range put us among the best bakers in the country and rightly so.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset