Pub flushed with success over loo prize
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead pub has been given an award for the standard of its toilets.
The Posset Cup, which opened earlier this year and is run by JD Wetherspoon, has been given a platinum star rating at the Loo of the Year Awards 2016.
Inspectors made an unannounced spot-check and were impressed with the pub’s toilets.
Manager Emma Simpson said: “I am delighted with the award.
“Staff at the pub work hard to ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards’ managing director Mike Bone was full of praise for Wetherspoons’ facilities.
He said: “The toilets at The Posset Cup have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 3 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 8 Hundreds take part in sponsored walk to raise money for charities
- 9 Valley Fest to go ahead with Texas as headliner
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
“The pub richly deserves its platinum award – the highest individual award the judges can deliver.”