Pub flushed with success over loo prize
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead pub has been given an award for the standard of its toilets.
The Posset Cup, which opened earlier this year and is run by JD Wetherspoon, has been given a platinum star rating at the Loo of the Year Awards 2016.
Inspectors made an unannounced spot-check and were impressed with the pub’s toilets.
Manager Emma Simpson said: “I am delighted with the award.
“Staff at the pub work hard to ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards’ managing director Mike Bone was full of praise for Wetherspoons’ facilities.
He said: “The toilets at The Posset Cup have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Brand new five-bedroom family home in AONB
- 8 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
“The pub richly deserves its platinum award – the highest individual award the judges can deliver.”