Pub flushed with success over loo prize
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead pub has been given an award for the standard of its toilets.
The Posset Cup, which opened earlier this year and is run by JD Wetherspoon, has been given a platinum star rating at the Loo of the Year Awards 2016.
Inspectors made an unannounced spot-check and were impressed with the pub’s toilets.
Manager Emma Simpson said: “I am delighted with the award.
“Staff at the pub work hard to ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
The awards’ managing director Mike Bone was full of praise for Wetherspoons’ facilities.
He said: “The toilets at The Posset Cup have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
“The pub richly deserves its platinum award – the highest individual award the judges can deliver.”