Praise for nursery in Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
A nursery in Clevedon has received national accreditation for the quality of its work with children.
Rydal Day Nursery has achieved the I Can award for its work with developing children at a very early age, especially in terms of communication and language.
It is the second big success for the nursery in the past few months, after it was labelled ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted inspectors last August.
Emma Binding, manager of the nursery in Albert Road, said she and her staff are delighted with the award.
She also believes it is the first private, voluntary and independent centre in North Somerset to get the award.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Our team are highly qualified and dedicated to supporting every child to meet their full potential.
“Our team are very committed to supporting children’s speech and language development and this has been recognised by I Can.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Special school expansion progress
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
The nursery has also been awarded Makaton-friendly status for assisting the language charity.