Praise for nursery in Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
A nursery in Clevedon has received national accreditation for the quality of its work with children.
Rydal Day Nursery has achieved the I Can award for its work with developing children at a very early age, especially in terms of communication and language.
It is the second big success for the nursery in the past few months, after it was labelled ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted inspectors last August.
Emma Binding, manager of the nursery in Albert Road, said she and her staff are delighted with the award.
She also believes it is the first private, voluntary and independent centre in North Somerset to get the award.
She said: “Our team are highly qualified and dedicated to supporting every child to meet their full potential.
“Our team are very committed to supporting children’s speech and language development and this has been recognised by I Can.”
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 3 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 4 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 5 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 6 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 7 Plan for nine homes near tourist attraction refused
- 8 Record-breaking North Somerset AC keep on delivering success
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Council leader resigns from role
The nursery has also been awarded Makaton-friendly status for assisting the language charity.