Praise for nursery in Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
A nursery in Clevedon has received national accreditation for the quality of its work with children.
Rydal Day Nursery has achieved the I Can award for its work with developing children at a very early age, especially in terms of communication and language.
It is the second big success for the nursery in the past few months, after it was labelled ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted inspectors last August.
Emma Binding, manager of the nursery in Albert Road, said she and her staff are delighted with the award.
She also believes it is the first private, voluntary and independent centre in North Somerset to get the award.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Our team are highly qualified and dedicated to supporting every child to meet their full potential.
“Our team are very committed to supporting children’s speech and language development and this has been recognised by I Can.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
The nursery has also been awarded Makaton-friendly status for assisting the language charity.