Post Office branch may move into village store
- Credit: Archant
Opening hours at a village Post Office will be extended, if it moves premises in the near future.
The Post Office is proposing to relocate its Wrington branch, in Broad Street, to a site further along the same road, by building a new counter facility in Amors Stores.
The switch would allow for a revamped, modern, open plan-style branch, with longer opening hours, including earlier opening and slightly later closing times on Saturdays.
The Times has previously reported readers’ concerns that village life was being slowly eroded, with changes to GP services and NatWest closing its bank, both affecting Wrington in recent years.
Post Office regional manager Will Russell said the team did not underestimate the value of keeping a local branch.
He said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in Wrington.
“We are confident this new modern Post Office service will be able to meet the needs of the community and secure services for the future.”
- 1 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 2 First Bus and Stagecoach reps to face Portishead residents in meeting
- 3 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 4 Cleeve beat Cheddar to secure place in Somerset Intermediate Cup quarter-finals
- 5 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 6 Boats light up Norfolk broad for stunning artwork
- 7 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 8 Boy injured after being chased by dog at North Somerset beauty spot
- 9 Herd of model baby elephants complete 400-mile journey to Noah's Ark Zoo
- 10 How almost £150k in grants is helping revitalise Clevedon seafront
People are being invited to give their views on the proposed move as part of a consultation period, which is due to end on September 8.
To comment, write to Your Comments at Post Office Ltd free of charge, or alternatively log on to www.postofficeviews.co.uk and use branch code 345511 to complete an online questionnaire.