Post Office branch may move into village store
- Credit: Archant
Opening hours at a village Post Office will be extended, if it moves premises in the near future.
The Post Office is proposing to relocate its Wrington branch, in Broad Street, to a site further along the same road, by building a new counter facility in Amors Stores.
The switch would allow for a revamped, modern, open plan-style branch, with longer opening hours, including earlier opening and slightly later closing times on Saturdays.
The Times has previously reported readers’ concerns that village life was being slowly eroded, with changes to GP services and NatWest closing its bank, both affecting Wrington in recent years.
Post Office regional manager Will Russell said the team did not underestimate the value of keeping a local branch.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in Wrington.
“We are confident this new modern Post Office service will be able to meet the needs of the community and secure services for the future.”
- 1 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 2 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 3 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 8 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
People are being invited to give their views on the proposed move as part of a consultation period, which is due to end on September 8.
To comment, write to Your Comments at Post Office Ltd free of charge, or alternatively log on to www.postofficeviews.co.uk and use branch code 345511 to complete an online questionnaire.