Portishead vet practice to star in The Pets Factor on CBBC Channel
- Credit: Archant
A veterinary practice with surgeries in Nailsea, Portishead and Yatton will appear in a BBC television show tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Portishead branch of Watkins & Tasker was selected to appear in the CBBC show The Pets Factor.
Filming began in January and will see host Stacey Dooley follow the work of vet James Greenwood.
Among the cases he deals with are a constipated snake and a cat with an injured leg.
James said: “I am sure there will be a lot of children and their pets watching and then maybe their pet will get the chance to be in future series.”
You may also want to watch:
Joint practice owner Steve Tasker said: “It was important for us to be involved in this project as we very much have a family ethos.
“If we can help to teach children to be responsible pet owners and perhaps inspire the next generation of vets then I believe this is an essential part of the work we do.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
“Added to that, it has been great fun, really exciting and quite eye-opening as to what is involved in the production of a TV series.”
The first episode will air on the CBBC Channel at 5.30pm tomorrow.