Portishead vet practice to star in The Pets Factor on CBBC Channel
- Credit: Archant
A veterinary practice with surgeries in Nailsea, Portishead and Yatton will appear in a BBC television show tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Portishead branch of Watkins & Tasker was selected to appear in the CBBC show The Pets Factor.
Filming began in January and will see host Stacey Dooley follow the work of vet James Greenwood.
Among the cases he deals with are a constipated snake and a cat with an injured leg.
James said: “I am sure there will be a lot of children and their pets watching and then maybe their pet will get the chance to be in future series.”
You may also want to watch:
Joint practice owner Steve Tasker said: “It was important for us to be involved in this project as we very much have a family ethos.
“If we can help to teach children to be responsible pet owners and perhaps inspire the next generation of vets then I believe this is an essential part of the work we do.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
“Added to that, it has been great fun, really exciting and quite eye-opening as to what is involved in the production of a TV series.”
The first episode will air on the CBBC Channel at 5.30pm tomorrow.