Portishead vet practice to star in The Pets Factor on CBBC Channel
- Credit: Archant
A veterinary practice with surgeries in Nailsea, Portishead and Yatton will appear in a BBC television show tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Portishead branch of Watkins & Tasker was selected to appear in the CBBC show The Pets Factor.
Filming began in January and will see host Stacey Dooley follow the work of vet James Greenwood.
Among the cases he deals with are a constipated snake and a cat with an injured leg.
James said: “I am sure there will be a lot of children and their pets watching and then maybe their pet will get the chance to be in future series.”
You may also want to watch:
Joint practice owner Steve Tasker said: “It was important for us to be involved in this project as we very much have a family ethos.
“If we can help to teach children to be responsible pet owners and perhaps inspire the next generation of vets then I believe this is an essential part of the work we do.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 5 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 10 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
“Added to that, it has been great fun, really exciting and quite eye-opening as to what is involved in the production of a TV series.”
The first episode will air on the CBBC Channel at 5.30pm tomorrow.