Portishead vet practice to star in The Pets Factor on CBBC Channel
- Credit: Archant
A veterinary practice with surgeries in Nailsea, Portishead and Yatton will appear in a BBC television show tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Portishead branch of Watkins & Tasker was selected to appear in the CBBC show The Pets Factor.
Filming began in January and will see host Stacey Dooley follow the work of vet James Greenwood.
Among the cases he deals with are a constipated snake and a cat with an injured leg.
James said: “I am sure there will be a lot of children and their pets watching and then maybe their pet will get the chance to be in future series.”
Joint practice owner Steve Tasker said: “It was important for us to be involved in this project as we very much have a family ethos.
“If we can help to teach children to be responsible pet owners and perhaps inspire the next generation of vets then I believe this is an essential part of the work we do.
- 1 Parking restrictions plaguing Clevedon residents' everyday lives
- 2 WATCH: Stunning 40-yard 'goal of the season' for Clevedon Town earns praise from FIFA
- 3 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 4 Clevedon rated as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK
- 5 Cross-party support for Liam Fox's 'landmark' Downs Syndrome Bill
- 6 More than 2,500 new homes north of Banwell in Local Plan draft
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 9 Price's heroics secure Ashton & Backwell United successive wins
“Added to that, it has been great fun, really exciting and quite eye-opening as to what is involved in the production of a TV series.”
The first episode will air on the CBBC Channel at 5.30pm tomorrow.