Portishead travel agent earns high praise after taking national accolade
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead business savoured a ‘proud moment’ after it was named one of Britain’s best travel agents for the second year running.
Travel agent Miles Morgan, in The Precinct, scooped the award for the best escorted touring and adventure travel agency in the UK and Ireland at the annual Travel Trade Gazette Awards in Birmingham earlier this month.
The judges praised the firm's expertise in providing escorted tours for customers, with the staff's ability to recommend holidays based on personal experiences a particular positive.
Managing director Miles Morgan said: "It is fantastic for a company like ours to be recognised with a national award, the UK has 8,000 or so travel agencies and to come top is a huge accolade for our staff.
"We are now the main agent for the South West and Wales for all major companies in this exciting area of travel, the likes of Riviera Travel, Titan, Cox and Kings and Saga too and this has certainly helped us."
You may also want to watch:
The success comes after a fruitful 2018 which saw the business named both the best travel agent in the South West and in the UK as a whole - and the hard work of staff ensured Miles Morgan retained its crown at the swanky ceremony at The Vox earlier this month.
Portishead branch manager Tracey Murray added: "We were so pleased to hear we had won after the effort that we had all put in.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
"We are so grateful to our customers who supported us with their bookings during the past 12 months, we are seeing so many return again but also recommending friends to book us which is lovely, it's a proud moment for us."