Portishead travel agent earns high praise after taking national accolade
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead business savoured a ‘proud moment’ after it was named one of Britain’s best travel agents for the second year running.
Travel agent Miles Morgan, in The Precinct, scooped the award for the best escorted touring and adventure travel agency in the UK and Ireland at the annual Travel Trade Gazette Awards in Birmingham earlier this month.
The judges praised the firm's expertise in providing escorted tours for customers, with the staff's ability to recommend holidays based on personal experiences a particular positive.
Managing director Miles Morgan said: "It is fantastic for a company like ours to be recognised with a national award, the UK has 8,000 or so travel agencies and to come top is a huge accolade for our staff.
"We are now the main agent for the South West and Wales for all major companies in this exciting area of travel, the likes of Riviera Travel, Titan, Cox and Kings and Saga too and this has certainly helped us."
You may also want to watch:
The success comes after a fruitful 2018 which saw the business named both the best travel agent in the South West and in the UK as a whole - and the hard work of staff ensured Miles Morgan retained its crown at the swanky ceremony at The Vox earlier this month.
Portishead branch manager Tracey Murray added: "We were so pleased to hear we had won after the effort that we had all put in.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Brand new five-bedroom family home in AONB
- 8 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
"We are so grateful to our customers who supported us with their bookings during the past 12 months, we are seeing so many return again but also recommending friends to book us which is lovely, it's a proud moment for us."