Salon launches fundraiser in aid of inflammatory breast cancer research
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A salon is raising vital funds for research into inflammatory breast cancer.
The team at Tonic Hair and Beauty House, in Portishead, are supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month, where people across the world show support for people affected by the form of cancer in October.
Throughout this month and next, the beauty house, in Combe Road, is displaying its poster, Hope Starts Here, inviting clients to write their name on a pink ribbon, which they then hang on the in-salon pink tree in exchange for a donation.
Salon co-owner, Nadine Johnson, said: “We chose to support inflammatory breast cancer research this year as local mum Heidi Loughlin, who was diagnosed with this cancer more than five years ago, told to us there is no funding for research in to it.”
The team at Tonic have been putting their heads together to come up with another fundraising idea to replace their annual Ladies’ Night, which usually raises in excess of £500 for charity.
You may also want to watch:
Nadine’s sister,Simone Williams, who is also co-owner of the beauty house, said: “Our annual Ladies’ Nights are always very popular, and in the past would see around 60 clients come together for a party night of food and nibbles, while sampling treatments, trying products and talking to the experts.
“This year, we can’t do that. However, instead we will be holding a series of Rule of Six Christmas parties, a special evening for groups of six, which will also raise funds for the inflammatory breast cancer charity.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 6 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool