Portishead Sainsbury’s raises almost £10k for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Portishead supermarket shoppers raised almost £10,000 for a good cause last year.
Sainsbury’s, which is in Serbert Road, chose Macmillan Cancer Support as its charity of the year for 2018.
Donations from generous shoppers saw the store raise £9,851 for the organisation.
Store manager Robin Ireland said: “We would like to thank our customers for helping to raise £9,851 during the past year for Macmillan Cancer Support.
“We really enjoyed welcoming all of the volunteers into the store during the past year and we hope our support will really make a difference to the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Kaeti Morrison, fundraising manager for Macmillan shared her thanks for the efforts of the shop and the kindness of its customers.
She said: “The generous donations mean we can continue to help more people affected by cancer live life as fully as they can.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 7 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends