Portishead Sainsbury’s raises almost £10k for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Portishead supermarket shoppers raised almost £10,000 for a good cause last year.
Sainsbury’s, which is in Serbert Road, chose Macmillan Cancer Support as its charity of the year for 2018.
Donations from generous shoppers saw the store raise £9,851 for the organisation.
Store manager Robin Ireland said: “We would like to thank our customers for helping to raise £9,851 during the past year for Macmillan Cancer Support.
“We really enjoyed welcoming all of the volunteers into the store during the past year and we hope our support will really make a difference to the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Kaeti Morrison, fundraising manager for Macmillan shared her thanks for the efforts of the shop and the kindness of its customers.
She said: “The generous donations mean we can continue to help more people affected by cancer live life as fully as they can.”
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 6 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Nailsea United edged out six goal thriller at Chilcompton Sports