Portishead salon’s staff voted best team in England for customer service
- Credit: Archant
The staff at a Portishead hair and beauty salon have been named the best in the country, with industry leaders describing the team as the ‘gold standard’ for customer service.
Elements Hair and Beauty, in Newfoundland Way, won the salon team of the year prize at the English Hair and Beauty Awards (EHBA) on March 17.
More than 500 beauty specialists from across the country gathered in Maidenhead for the gala, in hope of taking home a coveted award – but it was the employees from Elements who walked away with one of the top prizes on the night.
Owner Natalie Charman told the Times she was ‘ecstatic’ to receive the award.
Natalie paid tribute to her team for their hard work and dedication which saw them win the public vote.
She said: “We are ecstatic to win this award in the first hair and beauty contest we have ever entered.
“We were over the moon when it was announced that we were the winners of the award and were completely overwhelmed when they announced that we were also the overall winners.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 Beautiful open-plan, versatile living in popular Portishead
- 3 Primary school children raise almost £300 at bake sale in Clevedon
- 4 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 5 Planning a funeral: 7 key things to add to your checklist
- 6 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 7 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 8 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 9 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 10 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
“The Elements team really is the best, I am so proud of each and every one of them.
“It’s always great to be recognised for doing a good job but what makes receiving this award even more special is the public, our clients, who vote for the winners.
“I would like to thank everyone who voted for us and of course the Elements team.”
The ceremony celebrated hair and beauty specialists who delivered outstanding service to customers in the past year – and the organisers were full of praise for Elements after they collected their trophy.
A spokesman for the EHBA added: “These winners represent the industry’s gold standard. They have worked tirelessly to meet and satisfy the demands of their clients.
“The awards showcase some of the best experts that operate in the hair and beauty sector, whose excellence and commitment have led them at the forefront of the industry.
“The competition was really tough this year, but these champions are tried and tested specialists that leave the nation shining.
“We would like to congratulate all finalists and winners for their good work and amazing achievements.”