Portishead retirement development wins award
- Credit: Archant
A national housing charity has handed an award to a Portishead development.
Grange Lodge, in St Peter’s Road, is run by Churchill Retirement Living and has been praised for helping older people.
The quality of the homes, as well as the care provided by Millstream Management Services, was praised by the Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) which ran the prize-winning scheme.
Grange Lodge received a silver award at a ceremony held at Birmingham’s Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
Alan Perry, the regional managing director at Churchill Retirement Living, spoke of his delight at the prize.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to have been recognised in this way by the EAC.
“Good quality, specialist retirement properties are a crucial part of promoting the continued independence, health and wellbeing of older people, thus helping to alleviate the pressure on the NHS, as well as helping to unblock the UK’s housing crisis.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 8 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 9 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week