Portishead retirement development wins award
- Credit: Archant
A national housing charity has handed an award to a Portishead development.
Grange Lodge, in St Peter’s Road, is run by Churchill Retirement Living and has been praised for helping older people.
The quality of the homes, as well as the care provided by Millstream Management Services, was praised by the Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) which ran the prize-winning scheme.
Grange Lodge received a silver award at a ceremony held at Birmingham’s Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
Alan Perry, the regional managing director at Churchill Retirement Living, spoke of his delight at the prize.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to have been recognised in this way by the EAC.
“Good quality, specialist retirement properties are a crucial part of promoting the continued independence, health and wellbeing of older people, thus helping to alleviate the pressure on the NHS, as well as helping to unblock the UK’s housing crisis.”
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset