Portishead retirement development wins award
- Credit: Archant
A national housing charity has handed an award to a Portishead development.
Grange Lodge, in St Peter’s Road, is run by Churchill Retirement Living and has been praised for helping older people.
The quality of the homes, as well as the care provided by Millstream Management Services, was praised by the Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) which ran the prize-winning scheme.
Grange Lodge received a silver award at a ceremony held at Birmingham’s Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
Alan Perry, the regional managing director at Churchill Retirement Living, spoke of his delight at the prize.
He said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to have been recognised in this way by the EAC.
“Good quality, specialist retirement properties are a crucial part of promoting the continued independence, health and wellbeing of older people, thus helping to alleviate the pressure on the NHS, as well as helping to unblock the UK’s housing crisis.”
- 1 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 2 North Somerset schools receive £1,000 memorial donation
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 5 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 6 Clevedon School Christmas tree sale raises money for foodbank
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 9 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea Lions Christmas float route revealed