Portishead retirement development wins award
- Credit: Archant
A national housing charity has handed an award to a Portishead development.
Grange Lodge, in St Peter’s Road, is run by Churchill Retirement Living and has been praised for helping older people.
The quality of the homes, as well as the care provided by Millstream Management Services, was praised by the Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) which ran the prize-winning scheme.
Grange Lodge received a silver award at a ceremony held at Birmingham’s Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
Alan Perry, the regional managing director at Churchill Retirement Living, spoke of his delight at the prize.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to have been recognised in this way by the EAC.
“Good quality, specialist retirement properties are a crucial part of promoting the continued independence, health and wellbeing of older people, thus helping to alleviate the pressure on the NHS, as well as helping to unblock the UK’s housing crisis.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Special school expansion progress
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset