Portishead nursery’s delight at UK education award
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead nursery has received national accreditation after impressing education experts.
Stationhouse Nursery in Station Road has been given The I Can Early Talk accreditation within six months of starting out.
Assessor Nicola Holmes, a speech and language therapist based in North Somerset, was impressed by the nursery teachers’ work with the youngsters.
The I Can Early Talk rating recognises centres which show good practice in promoting communication skills among children, whether it be through activities, story-telling or games.
Nursery manager Tia Claridge said: “We are really excited to be awarded this fantastic accreditation within just six months of starting.
“It is a credit to our team and their skills in this area.”
The nursery received a large amount of praise from Ms Holmes.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 Nailsea & Tickenham toast confirmation of Western League spot
- 3 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 4 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 6 West of England mayor back anti-expansion airport protestors
- 7 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
- 8 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 9 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 10 WIN! Tickets to George Michael Freedom Uncut at the Curzon
She said in her report: “There is excellent communication between all staff in the rooms and relationships between children and adults are very strong.
“There is a welcoming feel to the environment and feeling of respect between staff members and towards the children.
“This is a very warm and inviting setting which is evident in the children’s interactions and how well they develop.”