Portishead nursery’s delight at UK education award
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead nursery has received national accreditation after impressing education experts.
Stationhouse Nursery in Station Road has been given The I Can Early Talk accreditation within six months of starting out.
Assessor Nicola Holmes, a speech and language therapist based in North Somerset, was impressed by the nursery teachers’ work with the youngsters.
The I Can Early Talk rating recognises centres which show good practice in promoting communication skills among children, whether it be through activities, story-telling or games.
Nursery manager Tia Claridge said: “We are really excited to be awarded this fantastic accreditation within just six months of starting.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a credit to our team and their skills in this area.”
The nursery received a large amount of praise from Ms Holmes.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 6 Further delays for rail project
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 9 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
She said in her report: “There is excellent communication between all staff in the rooms and relationships between children and adults are very strong.
“There is a welcoming feel to the environment and feeling of respect between staff members and towards the children.
“This is a very warm and inviting setting which is evident in the children’s interactions and how well they develop.”