Portishead nursery’s delight at UK education award
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead nursery has received national accreditation after impressing education experts.
Stationhouse Nursery in Station Road has been given The I Can Early Talk accreditation within six months of starting out.
Assessor Nicola Holmes, a speech and language therapist based in North Somerset, was impressed by the nursery teachers’ work with the youngsters.
The I Can Early Talk rating recognises centres which show good practice in promoting communication skills among children, whether it be through activities, story-telling or games.
Nursery manager Tia Claridge said: “We are really excited to be awarded this fantastic accreditation within just six months of starting.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a credit to our team and their skills in this area.”
The nursery received a large amount of praise from Ms Holmes.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Camera club wants new members to join
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town
She said in her report: “There is excellent communication between all staff in the rooms and relationships between children and adults are very strong.
“There is a welcoming feel to the environment and feeling of respect between staff members and towards the children.
“This is a very warm and inviting setting which is evident in the children’s interactions and how well they develop.”