Portishead nursery’s delight at UK education award
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead nursery has received national accreditation after impressing education experts.
Stationhouse Nursery in Station Road has been given The I Can Early Talk accreditation within six months of starting out.
Assessor Nicola Holmes, a speech and language therapist based in North Somerset, was impressed by the nursery teachers’ work with the youngsters.
The I Can Early Talk rating recognises centres which show good practice in promoting communication skills among children, whether it be through activities, story-telling or games.
Nursery manager Tia Claridge said: “We are really excited to be awarded this fantastic accreditation within just six months of starting.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a credit to our team and their skills in this area.”
The nursery received a large amount of praise from Ms Holmes.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
She said in her report: “There is excellent communication between all staff in the rooms and relationships between children and adults are very strong.
“There is a welcoming feel to the environment and feeling of respect between staff members and towards the children.
“This is a very warm and inviting setting which is evident in the children’s interactions and how well they develop.”