Portishead gymnasts back Persimmon Homes’ sport donations
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
Three Portishead gymnasts are supporting Persimmon’s Homes’ sporting grants programme.
Teenagers Zoe Simmons, Phoebe Turner and Amelia Knight train at The Academy of Gymnastics in Harbour Road and are encouraging groups to apply for a cash prize.
It is part of a £600,000 giveaway Persimmon is doing to promote sport in the UK, with the causes winning £5,000-200,000 depending on a public vote.
And every month until December a cause local to Portishead will win £750.
Phoebe, aged 16, hopes to compete in a senior competition for her country, said: “This new scheme will help fund a wide range of sports in the UK. It’s so important to encourage young people to get fit and stay active.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to wish everyone the very best of luck with their applications.
“The competition will create a lasting legacy for one individual or team.”
* To enter the competition, visit www.persimmonhomes.com/charity
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit