Portishead gymnasts back Persimmon Homes’ sport donations
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
Three Portishead gymnasts are supporting Persimmon’s Homes’ sporting grants programme.
Teenagers Zoe Simmons, Phoebe Turner and Amelia Knight train at The Academy of Gymnastics in Harbour Road and are encouraging groups to apply for a cash prize.
It is part of a £600,000 giveaway Persimmon is doing to promote sport in the UK, with the causes winning £5,000-200,000 depending on a public vote.
And every month until December a cause local to Portishead will win £750.
Phoebe, aged 16, hopes to compete in a senior competition for her country, said: “This new scheme will help fund a wide range of sports in the UK. It’s so important to encourage young people to get fit and stay active.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to wish everyone the very best of luck with their applications.
“The competition will create a lasting legacy for one individual or team.”
* To enter the competition, visit www.persimmonhomes.com/charity
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset