Portishead gymnasts back Persimmon Homes’ sport donations
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
Three Portishead gymnasts are supporting Persimmon’s Homes’ sporting grants programme.
Teenagers Zoe Simmons, Phoebe Turner and Amelia Knight train at The Academy of Gymnastics in Harbour Road and are encouraging groups to apply for a cash prize.
It is part of a £600,000 giveaway Persimmon is doing to promote sport in the UK, with the causes winning £5,000-200,000 depending on a public vote.
And every month until December a cause local to Portishead will win £750.
Phoebe, aged 16, hopes to compete in a senior competition for her country, said: “This new scheme will help fund a wide range of sports in the UK. It’s so important to encourage young people to get fit and stay active.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to wish everyone the very best of luck with their applications.
“The competition will create a lasting legacy for one individual or team.”
* To enter the competition, visit www.persimmonhomes.com/charity
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 7 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December