Portishead gymnasts back Persimmon Homes’ sport donations
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
Three Portishead gymnasts are supporting Persimmon’s Homes’ sporting grants programme.
Teenagers Zoe Simmons, Phoebe Turner and Amelia Knight train at The Academy of Gymnastics in Harbour Road and are encouraging groups to apply for a cash prize.
It is part of a £600,000 giveaway Persimmon is doing to promote sport in the UK, with the causes winning £5,000-200,000 depending on a public vote.
And every month until December a cause local to Portishead will win £750.
Phoebe, aged 16, hopes to compete in a senior competition for her country, said: “This new scheme will help fund a wide range of sports in the UK. It’s so important to encourage young people to get fit and stay active.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to wish everyone the very best of luck with their applications.
“The competition will create a lasting legacy for one individual or team.”
* To enter the competition, visit www.persimmonhomes.com/charity
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town