Portishead firm wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Credit: Paul Gillis Paulgillisphoto.com
A Portishead business has won an award for its innovative work.
Viper Subsea, which has bases in Martingale Way and Aberdeen, picked up a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation on April 21.
Managing director Neil Douglas is honoured it has won praise for V-LIFE which adds to the life of offshore fields.
He said: “V-LIFE represents British innovation at its finest.
“It has been developed to specifically address a problem which affects many offshore oil and gas fields and its success is testament to its effectiveness.
“The Queen’s Award is one which all staff here at Viper Subsea share. I couldn’t be more proud of our collective effort.”
- 1 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 2 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 3 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 4 Festival date change due to Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations
- 5 Art gallery to host 'Clevedon artist of the year'
- 6 Meet Clevedon's newest children's author
- 7 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 8 Wurzels return to Cadbury House for pre-Christmas West Country knees up
- 9 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 10 Portishead Players ready for Christmas show