Portishead firm wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Credit: Paul Gillis Paulgillisphoto.com
A Portishead business has won an award for its innovative work.
Viper Subsea, which has bases in Martingale Way and Aberdeen, picked up a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation on April 21.
Managing director Neil Douglas is honoured it has won praise for V-LIFE which adds to the life of offshore fields.
He said: “V-LIFE represents British innovation at its finest.
“It has been developed to specifically address a problem which affects many offshore oil and gas fields and its success is testament to its effectiveness.
You may also want to watch:
“The Queen’s Award is one which all staff here at Viper Subsea share. I couldn’t be more proud of our collective effort.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United