Award for Portishead firm
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead business which created a system which improves railway services has been handed an industry award.
Viper Innovations has won an Institution of Engineering and Technology’s innovation award for its CableGuardian system, which is installed next to railway lines and is used to identify technical faults.
The firm collected its prize at a swanky ceremony held in London on November 14.
Neil Douglas, managing director of Viper Innovations, said: “We are very proud and thrilled Viper Innovations has been recognised.
“We recently launched CableGuardian at the world’s largest international railway event in Germany and were pleased to welcome the Secretary of State for Transport, Chris Grayling, to our stand.
You may also want to watch:
“Recognition of this kind is just what we need and is extremely valuable in generating awareness of what is a truly innovative and unique product.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon