Award for Portishead firm
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead business which created a system which improves railway services has been handed an industry award.
Viper Innovations has won an Institution of Engineering and Technology’s innovation award for its CableGuardian system, which is installed next to railway lines and is used to identify technical faults.
The firm collected its prize at a swanky ceremony held in London on November 14.
Neil Douglas, managing director of Viper Innovations, said: “We are very proud and thrilled Viper Innovations has been recognised.
“We recently launched CableGuardian at the world’s largest international railway event in Germany and were pleased to welcome the Secretary of State for Transport, Chris Grayling, to our stand.
You may also want to watch:
“Recognition of this kind is just what we need and is extremely valuable in generating awareness of what is a truly innovative and unique product.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United