Discount loyalty card to be launched for Portishead youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Teenagers and young adults in Portishead will be able to get discounted goods at several businesses around the town after a loyalty card scheme is launched.
Enterprising members of Portishead Youth Council have agreed for cardholders aged 11-19 to get money off at big name stores such as Domino’s Pizza and local businesses including Robert John.
It costs little more than a takeaway coffee to get a card and the youngsters will be able to make the most of weekly deals, once it is officially launched in January.
A spokesman for the group said it will help Portishead firms and young people.
They said: “The Portishead Young Person’s Discount Card is all about working with local businesses and for young people to be able to spend their money wisely in the town.”
You may also want to watch:
Members of Portishead Youth Council have been holding discussions with the town’s businesses to develop the card over recent weeks and months.
Young people have the opportunity to sign up to the discount card for just £3, with the card lasting them until their 20th birthday.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 7 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
Every week from January, young people will be emailed a list of discounts and special offers that participating businesses are offering to discounts.
Young people will then take their discount card into the business of choice to receive their offer. Each card will have a photo of the cardholder.
The youth council has managed to get a number of organisations signed up already.
Domino’s, Heaven On The Hill, Portishead Beauty, Robert John, Portishead Youth Centre and Parish Wharf Leisure Centre have all agreed to join.
However, the youth council wants a few more to sign up before the 2018 launch.
The group’s spokesman said: “Businesses are able to choose the offers or discounts they give and can change them on a weekly basis, meaning they can target products or improve stock rotation to best suit their business.
“There is no cost to businesses in signing up, only an obligation to email the youth council with offers.”
For more details, or to register your business, email email@example.com