Former Disneyland princess to host Portishead summer dance club
- Credit: Supplied
A former Disneyland princess turned dance teacher will host a summer school in Portishead next month.
Stephanie Duncan is the owner of Steppingstones School of Dance and will run sessions at the Methodist church in High Street from August 13-17.
Stephanie has years of experience having joined Bristol School of Dancing aged two before becoming a member of the Bristol Youth Ballet Company in her teenage years.
At the age of 18 she earned a three-year scholarship to study at London’s Doreen Bird College of Performing Arts.
Stephanie’s own dance school launched in September last year and the latest summer school will give children the chance to learn styles including ballet, tap and street dance.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I wanted to bring everything under one umbrella and it is going amazingly, which is why I decided to launch a summer school.
“The children will learn new skills, get moving, get motivated and make some new friends.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
“The week will also be packed full of fun, craft and creativity.
“People can dip their toes in and just do a morning or afternoon session or, if their child loves dancing and the parents need that full week of childcare in the holidays, they can book the full five days.
“You don’t have to have any dance experience – there is something here for everyone.”
Following dance school, Stephanie worked at Disneyland Paris for 18 months where she played characters including Cinderella, Belle and Ariel.
It also gave her the opportunity to learn the Can Can at La Nouvelle Eve Paris and tour in Portugal and Slovenia.
Stephanie added: “I went to Disneyland when I was 21 and it was the best experience.
“I would dress as a Disney princess and meet all the excited children and their families, and then I’d join the parade either dancing or sitting on a float dressed as Ariel.
“It was a wonderful time and I loved interacting with all the children.
“It was also great for my confidence and set me up for a career in dancing and travelling abroad.”
Tickets, priced £15-100, are available online.